[typo] Theme overrides

kheon at comcast.net kheon at comcast.net
Thu Mar 16 17:14:06 EST 2006

Any thoughts on how I could accomplish this then? Being new to Ruby and Rails I'm struggling to determine what my options are.

Basically what I'm trying to do is swap out my right column depending on where you are in the site. If you are on an article list page I want the right column to have links to other categories, search, etc but once you drill in to an article I want to have that all go away and to display what is essentially meta data about the article (ie: title, posted by, tags, categories, comments, trackbacks, etc).

Is this something that I could do somehow with a controller action that determine which view to return? I could then create partial views that include the necessary logic.

Does this make sense? How should I go about starting this?

Is there another way? A better way? I'm open to options. Trying to learn here so I apologize for all the questions.

Thanks.