[typo] adding digg and delicious bookmark buttons to articles

Pascal psq at nanorails.com
Tue Mar 14 01:21:56 EST 2006

arvind s grover <arvind <at> grovernetwork.com> writes:

> I found this helpful page that tells you how to add little links at
> the bottom of your posts for readers to bookmark in del.icio.us,
> digg.com and other bookmarking sites: http://www.exploding-boy.com/
> 2006/01/09/add-links-for-delicious-digg-and-more-to-blog-posts/
> i am trying to figure out where to put these so they show up at the
> end of my posts on: http://www.21apples.org
> I am using the Good as Gold theme, not sure if that matters. Should I
> be looking in /app/models or in the themes folder or somewhere else?
> Any help would be appreciated. Obviously I need to change the
> Wordpress specific parts of the code to Ruby specific, and could use
> help on that too. If people reply, I will write it up for the Typo wiki.
> here is an example of the del.icio.us and digg codes:
> del.icio.us: http://del.icio.us/post?url=<?php the_permalink() ?
>  >&title=<?php the_title()?>;
> digg: http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&URL="<?php the_permalink() ?>
> thanks,
> arvind

I have created a small sidebar plugin to do just that.  If there is only one
article, it lets the user bookrmark it on up to 12 services (the list of
services is configurable in the admin section.  Otherwise, it bookmarks the
whole site.

My initial goal was not to have to patch typo, and this achieves the goal.  For
the next version, I'll be looking at posting these at the end of each article,
but this may have to require a patch of typo that I'll try to keep to a minimum.

Here's where you can download it: