[typo] Q1: automatically publishing files.

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Fri Mar 3 09:23:20 EST 2006

Actually, invalidating the cache is mostly already done--the currentcaching code lets you publish pages with an expiration date; once thatdate passes, the cache entry will disappear on its own.  So, all wereally need is a way to calculate a global default expiration datebased on the next unpublished article.
I'll take a look at it in a week or so, once a few other bugs have been closed.

Scott
On 3/3/06, Ernie Oporto <ernieoporto at gmail.com> wrote:>> Invalidating the cache would not need to happen exactly when the date> passes.  This is kind of an "if a tree falls in the woods..." question.  If> the site updates when a user accesses the site after the date (could be a> second later, could be an hour later), triggering the cache invalidation,> it's as good as if it were done with a cron or other scheduling process.>> Of course, your other option is to run an external trigger, like a rake run> from a cron job.  This brings up platform issues, but hopefully we could> iron that out on the list.>>>>>  On 3/3/06, Kevin Ballard <kevin at sb.org> wrote:> >>  On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Rich Warren wrote:>> > It seems to me, anything with a publication date in the future should> > not be displayed. Which means it could be fixed with a very minor> > change to the way the model grabs articles from the database.> >> > Of course, the article could probably still be pulled up using the> > search or archives. Maybe just change the model so the published flag> > always returns false until the publication date/time has passed.> > Again, I haven't cracked open the code yet.>> It's fairly simple to make articles that are in the future be treated> as unpublished. The problem is caching - you need some way to> invalidate the cache as soon as the date passes, so the article will> appear. Otherwise the article will never appear until the cache is> invalidated some other way (e.g. by posting another article,> commenting, manually clearing it, etc).>> --> Kevin Ballard>  kevin at sb.org> http://kevin.sb.org> http://www.tildesoft.com>>>>> _______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list> Typo-list at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>>>>>>> --> Ernie> http://www.shokk.com/blog/> _______________________________________________> Typo-list mailing list> Typo-list at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/typo-list>>