[typo] Q1: automatically publishing files.

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Mar 3 02:32:43 EST 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Rich Warren wrote:

> It seems to me, anything with a publication date in the future should
> not be displayed. Which means it could be fixed with a very minor
> change to the way the model grabs articles from the database.
>
> Of course, the article could probably still be pulled up using the
> search or archives. Maybe just change the model so the published flag
> always returns false until the publication date/time has passed.
> Again, I haven't cracked open the code yet.

It's fairly simple to make articles that are in the future be treated
as unpublished. The problem is caching - you need some way to
invalidate the cache as soon as the date passes, so the article will
appear. Otherwise the article will never appear until the cache is
invalidated some other way (e.g. by posting another article,
commenting, manually clearing it, etc).

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org