[typo] Q2: Building dynamic rails pages.

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Mar 3 01:57:11 EST 2006

On Mar 2, 2006, at 10:40 PM, Rich Warren wrote:

> I saw the command for adding a page. How would I go about creating a
> new page that called actions on a separate controller (for example,
> if I wanted to build a forums controller and views linked to the page
> tab). Seems like it shouldn't be too hard (and, in truth, I haven't
> really started digging through the code yet).

I would recommend ignoring the "pages" stuff for this entirely and
just throw in your extra controller as a top-level controller, so
you'd get something like http://your.blog.com/forums/ to get at your
forums controller. I'd actually love a way to take requests like that
and pass them off to a separate rails app from within Typo, but that
would probably have to be done from within the .htaccess as a rewrite
rule. But if you add the controller to Typo itself it should be a
cinch to do this.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org