[typo] Akismet Integration

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:23:34 EDT 2006

On 28 Jun 2006, at 04:08, Scott Laird wrote:

> You know, code like this worries me:
>
>   def commentCheck(user_ip, user_agent, referrer, permalink,
> comment_type, comment_author, comment_author_email,
> comment_author_url, comment_content, other)
>     return callAkismet('comment-check', user_ip, user_agent, referrer,
> comment_author_url, comment_content, other)
>   end

That's not the best Akismet support that I've seen.  Mephisto has it
integrated, but to be honest with you I'd only like to see Akismet
hand in hand with comment moderation.  We've got nothing like that
yet.  Akismet improves by the amount of information that is submitted
into it ... I haven't looked into it but I'm not sure I'm entirely
comfortable with a raft of data being sent to the Akismet servers
every time a comment is submitted ... doesn't matter how well it's
implemented.  Ideally this would be a plugin (but we don't have the
architecture for that) because I don't see the terrible spam problem
that would need this in core.

Gary