[typo] New Typo Install - install notes, theme viewer and an import question

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Jun 22 17:15:47 EDT 2006

Gary Shewan <gpsnospam at gmail.com> writes:

> On 22 Jun 2006, at 02:08, John Wang wrote:
>> I just put together a tutorial on installing Typo (2.6.0 with
>> captive Rails) with MySQL, Apache, lighttpd and FastCGI if anyone
>> is interested:
>> I also put together a Typo Theme Viewer app using Scriptaculous'
>> Sortable. Right now it only covers the themes at Typo Garden but
>> others can be added. It's primarily designed to make visual
>> scanning a lot easier.
> Very nice work John.  Crying shame that those themes are broken on
> trunk as that would be a handy resource.  The fellas at Typogarden
> should have a word with you.

They're a good deal less broken than they were though. If memory
serves it should just be a matter of tweaking the layout head and
possibly the code to render the sidebar (the trunk's way of rendering
the sidebar worked in 2.6.0, but the old, explicit way doesn't work
any more)

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>