[typo] New Typo Install - install notes, theme viewer and an import question

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 09:50:28 EDT 2006

On 22 Jun 2006, at 02:08, John Wang wrote:

> I just put together a tutorial on installing Typo (2.6.0 with
> captive Rails) with MySQL, Apache, lighttpd and FastCGI if anyone
> is interested:
> I also put together a Typo Theme Viewer app using Scriptaculous'
> Sortable. Right now it only covers the themes at Typo Garden but
> others can be added. It's primarily designed to make visual
> scanning a lot easier.

Very nice work John.  Crying shame that those themes are broken on
trunk as that would be a handy resource.  The fellas at Typogarden
should have a word with you.

> Finally, is there a good way to import blog entries/comments from
> Blogger? If not, how would one go about doing this. Is there any
> partial code already available?

I thought there was one - but there isn't.  I'd use a Blogger to MT/
Wordpress/Textpattern converter and then convert that from the Typo
converters that are available.