[typo] New Typo Install - install notes, theme viewer and an import question

John Wang johncwang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:08:10 EDT 2006

I just put together a tutorial on installing Typo (2.6.0 with captive Rails)
with MySQL, Apache, lighttpd and FastCGI if anyone is interested:

http://www.dev411.com/wiki/Installing_Typo:_MySQL%2C_FastCGI%2C_Apache_and_lighttpd

I also put together a Typo Theme Viewer app using Scriptaculous' Sortable.
Right now it only covers the themes at Typo Garden but others can be added.
It's primarily designed to make visual scanning a lot easier.

    http://www.dev411.com/typothemes/

The blog has posts on both if you have comments questions - I'm still not
sure it's fully operational. Sometimes I get strange Rails errors but they
are intermittent.

    http://www.dev411.com/blog/

Finally, is there a good way to import blog entries/comments from Blogger?
If not, how would one go about doing this. Is there any partial code already
available?

Thanks,
John