[typo] A little extra stability

Andy Carrel william.a at carrel.org
Wed Jun 21 12:34:46 EDT 2006

On the other hand, this may just make them (DreamHost) angry because they
don't want a lot of long-lived (rather large) processes hanging out on their
systems. The 500s are because (a) the FCGI connector isn't good about
detecting failed connections ahead of a request coming in asking to use the
connection and (b) Rails can't really get itself restarted in a short enough
time to get there before the timeout.

It's also worth noting that if you're capturing SIGTERM, you're capturing
your chance to for your process to die while cleaning up its mess. Normally
the "please restart" signal is SIGHUP. If someone has to do maintenance on
these systems and kill -TERMing your processes doesn't work it's going to
head right on to kill -9 which may or may not be a desirable state of
affairs.