[typo] The TypoGarden needs some pruning.

levi mccallum vemon388 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 18:16:13 EDT 2006

A million people before me must of asked me this. But what has happened to
typogarden.com? Is it just going to sit there knowing that it was a great
contest back a long time ago? Or are we, as an open source community, going
to do something about it?

That is exactly my point, what are we (Open Source Community) going to do
with this thing? I know I could come up with plenty ideas that allow more
people to find out what Typo is, I agree that it is a great system, and it
needs more publicity.

My main idea for the TypoGarden turns the site from a contest to a theme
database. This will enable users to make and upload their newly acclaimed
themes. If we cross promote typosphere.org and typogarden.com, people might
even find out what typo is. Also, we could even have a contest area inside
TypoGarden, where yearly we could create a 'theming contest', just like
TypoGarden was.

Anyway, that is my idea. I would hate to see this great domain go to waste.
We can really do allot if we ask nicely.