[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Andy Carrel william.a at carrel.org
Fri Jun 16 12:57:49 EDT 2006

On 6/16/06, Jon Gretar Borgthorsson <jon.borgthorsson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/16/06, mathew <meta at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Jon Gretar Borgthorsson wrote:
> > > Sorry. What I meant by stable is that I never get any administration
> > > errors or anything like that. Simply sometimes when the page is being
> > > viewed I get an Applicaton Error(rails). But then I just refresh and
> > > everything works.
> >
> > I used to get that all the time. Then my web host contacted me and said
> > Typo was running the server into the ground, and please could I switch
> > to a more expensive plan that included fastcgi.
>
> I actually was thinking about this being Apache related. Although I
> was using fastcgi of course. As serverpowered.com gives me 3 ip
> addresses for my money I quickly set up LightTPD alongside Apache and
> bound to a seperate IP and have that problem a lot less. Now I'm
> moving most things to Lighty.
>
> If only Lighty supported SVN I would make a complete switch.

Have people been having problems with FastCGI on the newer revisions?

My sad devotion to the older versions that used page_cache haven't
helped me conjure up any new patches. The order of magnitude slowdown
in pages per second served just wasn't worth it on my low CPU/memory
capacity server. Of course now I realize I don't even know how that
whole page_cache vs. action_cache debate worked out.

--
wac