[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Thu Jun 15 19:14:55 EDT 2006

I agree with that idea.  The Typo community should eat its own dog food
and run an instance on typosphere.org.  Give accounts to a few active
individuals and let them post not just about Typo, but about the
competition as well.

That way we spread the responsibility out over several busy individuals
rather than one busy individual, and by writing about innovations across
the blogging community and not just within Typo we will better see how
Typo stacks up against other offerings.

Jon Gretar Borgthorsson wrote:
> I would think that it should be pretty natural simply to set up a Typo
> installation at http://www.typosphere.org and have recent changes blog
> there or something.
> On 6/15/06, cedric <cedric at feelfree.homelinux.com> wrote:
>>Typo is loosing some users with its strange devel process.
>>I explain...
>>few guy are doing a really good job on typo dev, but everything (but
>>nothing) is on the trac, releasing patches (yes we can look at the source,
>>I know) but nobody wants to go ahead with a typosphere announcing a
>>"coming soon" message for several month now, a dead typogarden project!
>>Some people don't want to hear it but perhaps the good thing to do is to
>>create a REALLY ATTRACTIVE wiki with details on installing, configuring
>>typo, and themes...
>>and some info on programming stuff (API, classes,etc...)
>>Typo helped me to discover RoR and I'm addicted but sometimes people need
>>to see sparkling things to discover the real beauty!
>>Typo-list mailing list
>>Typo-list at rubyforge.org

Timothy Freund