[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Jonas M Luster jluster at jluster.org
Thu Jun 15 17:07:03 EDT 2006

> I'm still open to alternatives, as long as they're not written in PHP.

Same here. Actually, I liked Typo because of Tobi's attitude towards
development, and the idea that something cool can come out of, what,
500 lines of code. It was what I wanted, and it worked. It still
works, somehow, but the community around it seems to falter a little
bit. I've never been one to use the flavor of the month, and if you
know me, switching to Typo from being "Employee Number One" of the
never really existing Wordpress Foundation, was a huge step. I don't
think Typo is doomed, but at this point it might be a good idea to
re-rally the community (Rails and Ruby are the hype, right now, and
Typo is one of that hype's flagships), work on expanding upon the
leanness, and make things a bit more conducive and accessible.

A theme garden works, but Drupal, for example, sucks when it comes to
themes, and still has a great following. A development community that
can communicate outside a mailing list, a repository of plugins,
filters, and themes, that I don't have to extract from Trac tickets
would be great, for example, however. Typo has a future, it just needs
a steward and a vessel to get there.