[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Rob Sanheim rsanheim at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:50:52 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Gary Shewan <gpsnospam at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15 Jun 2006, at 16:18, Frédéric de Villamil wrote:
> >
> > I might be stupid, but I don't see why Typo support forum is not on
> > the
> > same domain as the sources, the track or on a subdomain ?
>
> The simplest answer is that Typoforum.org is run by different people
> to Typosphere.
>
> > I know every open source project has its good and bad times, but I
> > fear
> > typo is really dying, and it's a pity, because it's a good project
> > that
> > should be really amazing.
>
> I wouldn't say it's dying.  Just that there hasn't been a changeset
> for a while.  But there was only really Piers working on it and he's
> probably tied up with real life work.  Scott was working on the 4.0
> release but again is probably tied up with other Rails work.  Don't
> judge it as you would a PHP project - because there aren't that many
> rails coders that have tonnes of time for open source.
>
> It'll get moving again.  It's just a pause.

If someone could just get something stable enough to release as a 4.0
release candidate, so people have some to track beyond SVN revisions,
it would make a big difference.

Also, the lack of proper trackback/pingback support when its near a
4.0 version needs to fixed, priority #1.  Thats just essential blog
functionality and really needs to be there.

- rob
--
http://www.robsanheim.com
http://www.seekingalpha.com