[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:58:50 EDT 2006

On 15 Jun 2006, at 16:18, Frédéric de Villamil wrote:
> I might be stupid, but I don't see why Typo support forum is not on
> the
> same domain as the sources, the track or on a subdomain ?

The simplest answer is that Typoforum.org is run by different people
to Typosphere.

> I know every open source project has its good and bad times, but I
> fear
> typo is really dying, and it's a pity, because it's a good project
> that
> should be really amazing.

I wouldn't say it's dying.  Just that there hasn't been a changeset
for a while.  But there was only really Piers working on it and he's
probably tied up with real life work.  Scott was working on the 4.0
release but again is probably tied up with other Rails work.  Don't
judge it as you would a PHP project - because there aren't that many
rails coders that have tonnes of time for open source.

It'll get moving again.  It's just a pause.