[typo] Typo is getting poor!

Frédéric de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Thu Jun 15 11:18:51 EDT 2006

Gary Shewan a écrit :
> On 15 Jun 2006, at 15:20, cedric wrote:
>
>> Gary you're true, but many of tips discovered by typo users just
>> stay on
>> this mailing-list, and nobody seems to be attracted to put
>> something on
>> this forum (I don't know why!)
>
> Josh, Frédéric and yourself are certainly right.  I wondered whether
> the lack of use of the Typo forums was because it wasn't well known
> or whether there wasn't a need for it ... probably more of the former
> I guess now.
>
> I'd say people are just too busy to put a info in Trac ... which
> leans more towards development sometimes.  I should really write up
> what I've learned and put it there though...
>
> What would be the main things that people want to see covered ...
> just for the record?

I might be stupid, but I don't see why Typo support forum is not on the
same domain as the sources, the track or on a subdomain ?

I mean, having :

http://support.typosphere.org
http://themes.typosphere.org
http://plugins.typosphere.org

with propoer links from everywhere to everywhere  would have much more
sense IMHO.

1/ people would find things much more easily
2/ typo and everything related would get a better google ranking
3/ it's just sounds logical to do this way, isn't it ?

I know every open source project has its good and bad times, but I fear
typo is really dying, and it's a pity, because it's a good project that
should be really amazing.

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"Quand tu veux chasser une belle fille, il vaut mieux commencer par