[typo] Convert to Wordpress?

Pawel Szymczykowski makenai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:03:28 EDT 2006

On 6/15/06, Mike Purvis <mike at uwmike.com> wrote:
> Okay, thanks.
> I have about 200 posts, plus a whackload of comments. I'll write my
> importer in php and then share it if it's clean enough.

Hi Mike,

Please consider sharing it even if it's not clean. Chances are that
someone will still find it pretty useful and might even clean it up
for you. :) This thread came up with spooky timing for me, considering
that I was right in the middle of trying to figure out how to migrate
my posts over from typo to wordpress myself.

I did go with the RSS importer (set to 1000 posts in the RSS feed),
and modified my WP permalink URLs to include the '/archive/' part. It
seemed to work surprisingly well, except that some of the pubDates in
the feed seem to have been parsed wrong, resulting in the occasional
now in MySQL. I figured I would just write a quickie ruby +
active_record script to bring the comments in later on.

I guess one advantage of using using the RSS importer is that you
don't have to deal with textile or markdown - it just imports straight