[typo] Convert to Wordpress?

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Thu Jun 15 08:15:34 EDT 2006

Okay, thanks.

I have about 200 posts, plus a whackload of comments. I'll write my
importer in php and then share it if it's clean enough.

As for reasons, it's not particularly anything you listed, but rather,

1. Typo development has all but ceased, and my current version (1055)
has several glaring bugs surrounding publishing. The biggest of these
is that re-saving a draft sends an article live--a completely absurd
behaviour.

2. I can't afford the time and money required to run a dedicated
server. I hate to be snide about it, but after checking around a
number of forums, I can't find a single shared hosting environment
where people are reliably running Typo and not having problems with
load or 500s or fastcgi or whatever.

Wordpress has that whole Just Works factor, and as much as I've
learned about Rails, I know a good deal more about hacking PHP.

Mike