[typo] Convert to Wordpress?

Frédéric de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Thu Jun 15 07:42:38 EDT 2006

Mike Purvis a écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> Is there any easy way to convert from Typo to WP, either directly or
> via some XML format or something? I've noticed several blogs migrating
> away from Typo, and I was just wondering if there's an automated
> process for it...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Hello Mike,
Wordpress offers import from several blog engines, and from RSS feed.
There also might exist an import script somewhere. After all, there IS
an import script to switch from Wordpress to Typo, the one I used when I
moved to Typo.

I'll add some thoughts about why people shall switch from Typo to
Wordpress, in other words what normal (non geek) people may think Typo
lacks.

- A decent antispam. Wordpress has a really powerful one, easy to
install, and really tough to pass through (never happened to me)
- Lots of themes and plugins, with dedicated sites.
- A support forum with an active community to answer your questions.
- A riche text editor (TinyMCE)
- A very nice text filter engine that displays posts the way they're
typoed (with line breaks and paragraphes without using html).
- A lot of things you need to manually do with Typo.

I do think the 3 first are what Typo really lacks.

Cheers,
Frederic

--
Frédéric de Villamil
"Quand tu veux chasser une belle fille, il vaut mieux commencer par