[typo] Themes site

phil phil at cryer.us
Wed Jun 14 09:49:38 EDT 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:27:20 -0500, Timothy Freund <tim at digital-achievement.com> wrote:
> I think SVN is a good idea.  I'm actually doing that for my own themes
> here:
>
> http://digital-achievement.com/projects/public/typothemes
>
> Each theme gets a directory in trunk, and then I have themes checked out
> as svn:external in my Typo instances.
>
> I've even created a little Apple Automator workflow for capturing the
> screenshots.
>
> I emailed that link to the TypoGarden guys, but I get the impression
> that they're waiting on getting the directory up and going before they
> put new themes up.  Or they think my themes suck.  Both possible.  :-)

Hey, thanks Tim
I think your themes are nice, better than some on the Contest site as well.  Can I put this with all of the Contest themes for my mirror/migration of all the themes?  Do these all work on trunk, or just 2.6.0? I know many/most of the themes on the contest site are broken for trunk, but probably most work with 2.6.0 - plus it's not that hard to fix most of the themes (see earlier post here, or a howto on my site linking to Pier's) as I was able to get Lucid running on trunk easily.

I have mirrored all of the themes from the contest site (that weren't dead links) and am putting together a crude navigation once I weed out all the lost themes then I'll share them here, and if it's cool, move them to your svn server.  I just didn't want to do much until they Typo Theme folks did, I neither want to reinvent the wheel *or* step on toes, but I see a need and want to give back, plus after 5 months I think the time to move is upon us.  Let's get svn up with either sep repositories for 2.6.0 / trunk / 4.0.0 or paths, this way the ones working in trunk should migrate to 4.0.0 right when or after it comes out, giving folks trying out typo a simple way to get new themes.  Heck, if they weren't distributed with Typo we could have a script with 4.0.0 (within the admin GUI would be sweet) that says, "Update all themes" which would issue a svn checkout command with a tag just for 4.0.0 themes and checkout new themes and update the 'old' ones in one fell swoop!  Now that
 'd add value.

Comments?  I feel like I've either gotten the ball rolling, or rocking at least, but kicking it enough times.

http://fak3r.com - you don't have to kick it