[typo] Themes site

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Wed Jun 14 08:27:20 EDT 2006

I think SVN is a good idea.  I'm actually doing that for my own themes here:

http://digital-achievement.com/projects/public/typothemes

Each theme gets a directory in trunk, and then I have themes checked out
as svn:external in my Typo instances.

I've even created a little Apple Automator workflow for capturing the
screenshots.

I emailed that link to the TypoGarden guys, but I get the impression
that they're waiting on getting the directory up and going before they
put new themes up.  Or they think my themes suck.  Both possible.  :-)

I think it would be quite cool to set up a constant integration server
like BuildBot or DamageControl that would spin through and do a test on
all of the themes each time a commit is made to Typo.  Something like:
   1. Typo commit happens
   2. Constant Integration server notices
   3. Local Typo repository is updated, all local themes from various
SVN repositories are updated
   4. CI Server starts Typo
   5. CI Server runs a Twill script or something similar to cycle
through and make sure that themes are still working.

The test wouldn't be perfect, I'm sure, but it'd certainly catch 500
Internal Server errors.

I know it would be possible, but would it be helpful?

Thanks,

Tim

Syed Uzair Aqeel wrote:
> How about an SVN repository for themes? I can see how the overhead of
> maintaining them and their sheer size/number makes them poor candidates for
> inclusion with Typo itself, but just having a central repository where we
> can store themes (with the authors' approval of course) would help keep them
> up-to-date. In the case of themes that are no longer being actively
> maintained by the authors, users could commit patches so that the redundancy
> of each user patching their local install by hand is removed.
>
> If people think this is something worth doing, I'm happy to volunteer for
> chasing authors about approvals.
>
> Uzair

Timothy Freund
http://digital-achievement.com