[typo] Themes site

Gary Shewan gpsnospam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:00:22 EDT 2006

On 13 Jun 2006, at 14:41, phil wrote:

> I started a thread on the Typo Theme Contest site about when the
> new site would be up, it's been what, 6 months since the contest
> ended?  I realize that people have things to do outside of Typo,
> but I'd be happy to give the limited time I can to get things
> started.  It would not take any time to get a basic page together,
> and then fancy it up later.  As it stands you have to go through 14
> pages on the contest site to get to all the themes, and quite a few
> of the links are broken.  Chasing down themes from the old URLs
> show many sites that have moved to WordPress.  I want to help Typo
> along, and am happy to get a 'real' theme site going.
>
> Now speaking of, what's up with typo's home?

Whenever you get x number of volunteers only 0.1% of them will be
really committed.  With the usual caveat of "Everybody has day jobs"
out of the way I totally understand where you're coming from.  If you
have the energy for it then I'd say do what you can.  Big job
though.  I'd given up the Theme Garden for dead months ago and am
quite surprised it's still there.

Typosphere is permanently 'coming soon' ... but what should be coming
soon?  Trac is there and used.  Forums?  Well look at the activity on
the Typo Forums ... it's not much really.  Wiki?  Well Trac is being
used for that.

Needs must I guess and there just doesn't seem to be a big 'need'
right now.

Gary