[typo] MySQL database... exists or not?

Hal Fulton hal9000 at hypermetrics.com
Mon Jun 12 18:21:30 EDT 2006

OK, I did a 'drop database'... it seemed to work.

Should I have dropped all the tables first??

Anyway, if I try to drop it again, it tells me
it can't drop it, it doesn't exist.

If I try to restore my database (which first of all
does a 'create database') it tells me it can't
create it, it already exists.

Any ideas?

[root at www typo]# mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 32 to server version: 4.1.13-standard

mysql> drop database typo;
ERROR 1008: Can't drop database 'typo'; database doesn't exist
mysql> commit;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit
[root at www typo]# mysql <backup3.out
ERROR 1007 at line 1: Can't create database 'TYPO'; database exists
[root at www typo]#