[typo] Problem with text filters in comments (svn rev 855)

Jason Burks jburks725 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 15:55:03 EST 2006

Hi All,

I'm running 855 and noticed an issue with comments.  I have Markdown
turned on for comments and articles.  It works properly for articles,
but in comments, it seems that Typo tries to mark URL text "clickable"
in addition to passing it through the text filter.  This results in
something like the following:

[Google](http://www.google.com "Google") this

should be transformed to:

but instead it generates the following:
rel="nofollow>http://www.google.com</a title="Google">Google</a> this

I'm thinking this may be part of the spam protection code, but
obviously the output is not what the user intends.  Additionally, it
renders correctly when you preview the comment, it's only when you
actually submit that it breaks.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Should I create a bug ticket?