[typo] Upgrade to 855 - no migration

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Tue Jan 31 14:14:33 EST 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:08 AM, phil wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:53:30 -0800, Scott Laird <scott at sigkill.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 31, 2006, at 10:44 AM, phil wrote:

>>> If we made it part of the migration we could have something like:
>>>
>>> TYPO_VERSION=`svn info | grep Revision\:\ | cut -f2
>>
>> That also assumes that everyone is using svn; quite a few people use
>> svk, which would need a slightly different command.
>>
>> I don't think there's really a good solution to this problem,
>> unfortunately.
>
> Unless we had a standardized CHANGELOG file that migration could
> grep and get a version number from and plug it int that way.

That'd basically amount to repeating ourselves, since the SVN logs
include all of the basic changelog information.  It might be possible
to get a subversion post-commit hook to update the changelog file,
but if we can do that, we might as well have it update the version
file directly :-).

We should probably go ahead and change the version file to always say
"development version" or something similar for SVN checkouts, and
then make the release script update the version number for releases.

Scott