[typo] Rename-able tags

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Tue Jan 31 05:04:21 EST 2006

I just committed changeset [858] which allows you to rename tags.
There is no UI for this yet (though I am working on one), but you can
do it in the database by modifying the new display_name field. Please
read the changelog for [858] if this is something you're going to be
looking at, or if you're a theme writer (if you've overridden display
of tags anywhere in your theme you need to update it). This does
include a new migration, and `rake schemas` has been run (which added
a new db/schema.sqlserver.sql file).

On the note of `rake schemas`, here's 2 important things to remember:
  1.  Please make sure you're using the latest version of
schema_generator.
  2.  `rake schemas` seems to be creating a db/schema.rb file. I
don't understand why, since `rake db_schema_dump` is supposed to do
that, but that's what it's doing. I removed that file from version
control - please do not re-add it. It does not contain the initial
textfilter rows that the schema.*.sql files do, which means anybody
that loads from the schema.rb file will have errors when trying to
run Typo. So remember to delete db/schemas.rb after running `rake
schemas`. And Scott Laird, if you're listening, I'd like to know why
schema_generator seems to be creating the db/schema.rb file as well,
and if you could disable that functionality since that's the province
of `rake db_schema_dump`.

Oh, and if you rename tags and you don't see it updating in the
sidebar, remember to flush your cache. Fragment caching can prevent
that from updating properly.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org