[typo] Rename-able tags

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Tue Jan 31 05:04:21 EST 2006

I just committed changeset [858] which allows you to rename tags.
There is no UI for this yet (though I am working on one), but you can
do it in the database by modifying the new display_name field. Please
read the changelog for [858] if this is something you're going to be
looking at, or if you're a theme writer (if you've overridden display
of tags anywhere in your theme you need to update it). This does
include a new migration, and `rake schemas` has been run (which added
a new db/schema.sqlserver.sql file).

On the note of `rake schemas`, here's 2 important things to remember:
  1.  Please make sure you're using the latest version of
  2.  `rake schemas` seems to be creating a db/schema.rb file. I
don't understand why, since `rake db_schema_dump` is supposed to do
that, but that's what it's doing. I removed that file from version
control - please do not re-add it. It does not contain the initial
textfilter rows that the schema.*.sql files do, which means anybody
that loads from the schema.rb file will have errors when trying to
run Typo. So remember to delete db/schemas.rb after running `rake
schemas`. And Scott Laird, if you're listening, I'd like to know why
schema_generator seems to be creating the db/schema.rb file as well,
and if you could disable that functionality since that's the province
of `rake db_schema_dump`.

Oh, and if you rename tags and you don't see it updating in the
sidebar, remember to flush your cache. Fragment caching can prevent
that from updating properly.

Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org