[typo] Problem claming typo blog from technorati

Jason Bainbridge typo-list at jasonbainbridge.com
Mon Jan 30 10:18:38 EST 2006

Chris Campbell wrote:

> To claim your blog you need to embed a bit of code for Technorati. I
> had the same problem with my Typo blog and I'm not sure why it
> happened. I was able to get the snippet of code to embed before the
> blank page showed up.
> I emailed Technorati support and after a few days I got a reply, but
> by then the embedded code was recognized.
> But you haven't got the code to embed to complete the claim, so I
> think that it's more of a Technorati problem than a Typo problem.

The problem is with Typo's XMLRPC implementation as that is the way
Technorati tries to perform the claim by default, the backup method is
to embed the Javascript. I think the XMLRPC stuff still needs some
attention in the trunk although I haven't tried it in a while so maybe
some of those patches have been implemented already.