[typo] Heavy RAM usage? Instability?

edavis10@gmail.com edavis10 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:40:08 EST 2006

Stephen Bannasch wrote:

> According to Julik (a textdrive sysadmin) his experience is that most
rails apps take between 20-70MB -- 50MB is right in the middle of this
range. Elsewhere in the posting linked below he talks about minimizing
the number of fcgi listeners.

> http://weblog.textdrive.com/article/175/rails-optimizing-resource-usage
>
> "A Rails application usually consumes anywhere from 20 to 50-70 Mb per
FastCGI dispatcher. If a Rails application is tuned properly this amount
should stabilize after about 20 requests and stay the same. "

Mine is around 45MB for each FCGI I have.  Site does not take a lot of
hits but has been up for a while now.

30807 	www-data 	45640 kB 	ruby
/home/websites/theadmin/web/public/dispatch.fcgi

30808 	www-data 	45108 kB 	ruby
/home/websites/theadmin/web/public/dispatch.fcgi

I have another that gets 0 hits and it is at about 36MB per FCGI.

(All of this is moot when I noticed mysqld is taking over 121MB and only
powers my Typo installs)

Eric Davis