[typo] Heavy RAM usage? Instability?

Jason Bainbridge typo-list at jasonbainbridge.com
Sun Jan 22 14:25:36 EST 2006

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:44:31 -0800, jennyw <jennyw at dangerousideas.com> wrote:
> Hi, Scott,
> Scott Laird wrote:
>  >1.  Is the memory usage fairly constant, or is it growing?  There was
>  >a memory leak in Rails 0.14.2 (I think) that caused Typo to grow
>  >without bound; that leak has been fixed, but there could be other leaks.
>  >2.  How much memory is Typo using.  I keep hearing numbers like
>  >"lots", but I've only seen one set of numbers so far.
>  >
> There's a thread on Text Drive with some info:
> http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=8371

Reading that thread made me realize one thing, I am NEVER going to use or recommend TextDrive to anyone, is it possible for admins to be any more immature than that?

What is the best way on a Linux system to determine how much memory Typo is using? Looking at top my three ruby processes look like:

17219 jaseone    9   0 23908  22m 1952 S  0.0  0.5   0:13.01 ruby
17220 jaseone    9   0 23188 1260 1256 S  0.0  0.0   0:07.47 ruby
17221 jaseone    9   0 22060  948  944 S  0.0  0.0   0:02.81 ruby

That is on a very low traffic test install though but I did try some rapid refreshes to try to bump it up with no joy, the site is typo.jasonbainbridge.com. I am also not using FastCGI like most others and instead am using SCGI so does that maybe make a difference?

An Aussie geek stuck in Texas