[typo] Heavy RAM usage? Instability?

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Sun Jan 22 13:44:31 EST 2006

Hi, Scott,

Scott Laird wrote:

 >1.  Is the memory usage fairly constant, or is it growing?  There was
 >a memory leak in Rails 0.14.2 (I think) that caused Typo to grow
 >without bound; that leak has been fixed, but there could be other leaks.
 >2.  How much memory is Typo using.  I keep hearing numbers like
 >"lots", but I've only seen one set of numbers so far.

There's a thread on Text Drive with some info:

Jason, one of the admins, finds that Typon installations on at least one
of their servers average 100 MB. I'm not sure what kind of traffic those
installations experience, nor what plugins and themes they're using.

My own Typo installation is about 50 MB. Very low traffic.  It starts
off at around 30 MB (like my other Rails apps) and then after the first
page load goes to 50 MB (unlike other RoR apps, which tend to stay
around 30 MB unless something unusual is going on). The memory usage on
my installation of Typo doesn't grow much, although that could be
because of low volume (I've tested with ab, too, but that doesn't prove
much). It has gone up 2MB since yesterday, when it was steady around 50 MB.

FYI, loading the front page just now gave me a 503 error. Loading it
again worked, and subsequent loads are working.

Also, the memory usage is pretty consistent with a couple of themes,
including Azure and Origami.