[typo] comments with created_at field wrong?

Rodger Donaldson rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz
Sun Jan 22 02:27:02 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:35:51PM -0500, Chris Nolan.ca wrote:
> You guys are both the other side of the GMT so I'm thinking it has
> something to do with positive timezones but it's hard to say without
> seeing some more data.
>
> If you leave two comments in a row, are they both off, and by the
> same amount?

Further investigation suggests the list poster who identified it as a
FastCGI problem is spot on: with Typo 2.6, Ruby 1.8.2 (from
debian-stable) and rails 0.14.3 the created_on attribute of a comment
is always set to the start time of the typo fastcgi process.  Kill the
process, and the time always dates to when Apache restarts it.

Rodger Donaldson		rodgerd at diaspora.gen.nz
"Forgive us if we bite your head off; we were led to assume you weren't
using it in the first place"
		--Jim Allenspach, in comp.lang.perl.misc