[typo] Typo broken after update to 849

Lars Roland lroland at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 08:33:30 EST 2006


Hi

I just updated to the latest trunk, but somthing went wrong duing the
DB upgrade so now I get:

-----
 NoMethodError in Admin/general#update_database
You have a nil object when you didn't expect it!
You might have expected an instance of Array.
The error occured while evaluating nil.collect
-----

I can still view my blog bu the sidebar is broken (i.e clicking on
anything on it yields nothing), all my posts are however still there.
i have tried restarting apache, postgresql and even the entire  server
(which was due for a kernel update anyway).

I am not a rails debugger wiz (yet) so I just fired up webrik and got
the following following full trace:

-----
#{RAILS_ROOT}/app/controllers/admin/general_controller.rb:10:in
`update_database'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:853:in
`perform_action_without_filters'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/filters.rb:332:in
`perform_action_without_benchmark'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
`perform_action_without_rescue'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/benchmark.rb:293:in `measure'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/benchmarking.rb:69:in
`perform_action_without_rescue'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/rescue.rb:82:in
`perform_action'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/base.rb:369:in
`process_without_session_management_support'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.11.2/lib/action_controller/session_management.rb:116:in
`process'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in `dispatch'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:117:in
`handle_dispatch'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:83:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in `service'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in `run'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start_thread'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/webrick_server.rb:69:in `dispatch'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/commands/servers/webrick.rb:59
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:214:in
`require'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.0.0/lib/commands/server.rb:28
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.2.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:214:in
`require'
#{RAILS_ROOT}/script/server:3
-----

If more info is needed to solve this problem then please speek up

--
Lars Roland



More information about the Typo-list mailing list