[typo] Changes to Textfilters and Theme layouts

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Mon Jan 16 17:33:18 EST 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 6:55 AM, Scott Laird wrote:

> I haven't really looked at the new code, but how does this compare
> with the stock Rails register_javascript_include_default/
> javascript_include_tag?

Well, I'd never heard of register_javascript_include_default()
before. That said, I'm not sure if it's suitable. First, the Lightbox
textfilter also needs to link a CSS file, which
register_javascript_include_default doesn't do. Second, the docs
don't say if that function strips duplicate includes, which I also
needs. Third, it's defined in asset_tag_helper, which the textfilter
doesn't get by default. Though I have considered importing it so I
could use the stock javascript_include_tag and stylesheet_include_tag
helper methods instead of rolling my own, but I'm not sure what the
proper way to do that is. But #1 and #2 are pretty important.

--
Kevin Ballard
kevin at sb.org
http://www.tildesoft.com