[typo] Changes to Textfilters and Theme layouts

Eliot Landrum eliot at landrum.cx
Mon Jan 16 00:15:40 EST 2006

Kevin -

I've modified my header to use FeedBurner feeds. If I change my theme to use
this new header, then I have to modify articles_helper.rb with my FeedBurner
URLs. Would it be of any value to have some sort of configurable feed field
in the options? I'm not a big fan of 100-million options for everyone's
situations, so that's why I ask if it is of any value. Should I just shut up
and modify articles_helper.rb?

On 1/15/06, Kevin Ballard <kevin at sb.org> wrote:

> Anybody who wrote their own textfilter or their own theme should
> probably read the changeset commit message for <http://
> typo.leetsoft.com/trac/changeset/848>. The reason being I added an
> extra argument to Textfilter calls and a new helper method that all
> themes should use in their <head> tag. If you're a theme writer all
> you probably need to do is look at the azure diff, <http://
> typo.leetsoft.com/trac/changeset/848#file24>, and if you're a
> Textfilter writer looking at any of the textfilter diffs like <http://
> typo.leetsoft.com/trac/changeset/848#file8> is enough to make your
> custom Textfilter work, but if you're interested in the new
> capabilities you should read the whole message and look at the new
> Lightbox controller <http://typo.leetsoft.com/trac/browser/trunk/
> components/plugins/textfilters/lightbox_controller.rb?rev=848>.
>
> --
> Kevin Ballard
> kevin at sb.org
> http://www.tildesoft.com