[typo] Post "created_at" time is wrong

Leon Barrett leon at barrettnexus.com
Thu Jan 12 01:09:41 EST 2006

When I create new articles in Typo, the created_at time is the time when
the fastcgi process was started, rather than the time when the post was
created.  The updated_at time is correct, however.  Can someone help me
fix this?  I know I can set the created_at time in the article-creation
page, but I'm managing this weblog for someone else, and I'd like it to
be as easy as possible.

I looked at the database (postgresql 7.4), and this does not seem to be
a database problem.  When I create a new article using the database
directly, using the default created_at value (now()), then the
created_at time is correct.  Furthermore, then the seconds and
microseconds values are set to the current time; however, the created_at
date set when I post an article has the seconds and microseconds set to

I am using Typo 2.6.0 and Ruby 1.8.2.  Below, I enclose the output of
'gem list', which shows all the gems I have installed.  I think all the
libraries Typo depends on are up to date.

Thank you very much.

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

actionmailer (1.1.5, 1.1.1, 0.6.1)
    Service layer for easy email delivery and testing.

actionpack (1.11.2, 1.10.1, 1.3.1)
    Web-flow and rendering framework putting the VC in MVC.

actionwebservice (1.0.0, 0.9.1)
    Web service support for Action Pack.

activerecord (1.13.2, 1.12.1, 1.5.1)
    Implements the ActiveRecord pattern for ORM.

activesupport (1.2.5, 1.2.1)
    Support and utility classes used by the Rails framework.

acts_as_taggable (1.0.4)
    An acts-as Mixin for easy applying and searching tags/folksnomies on
    Active Record objects

BlueCloth (1.0.0)
    BlueCloth is a Ruby implementation of Markdown, a text-to-HTML
    conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using
    an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to
    structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).

cmdparse (2.0.0)
    Advanced command line parser supporting commands

daemons (0.4.2)
    A toolkit to create and control daemons in different ways

facets (2005.10.30)
    The proverbial Zoo-of-More for Ruby

fcgi (
    FastCGI ruby binding.

gen (0.26.0, 0.25.0)
    A simple code generation system.

glue (0.26.0, 0.25.0)
    Utility methods and classes for Nitro.

iterator (0.8)
    bidirectional external iterators

jabber4r (0.8.0, 0.7.0)
    Jabber4r is a pure-Ruby Jabber client library

needle (1.3.0, 1.2.1)
    Needle is a Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control container for
    Ruby. It supports both type-2 (setter) and type-3 (constructor)
    injection. It takes advantage of the dynamic nature of Ruby to
    provide a rich and flexible approach to injecting dependencies.

net-sftp (1.1.0, 1.0.1)
    Net::SFTP is a pure-Ruby implementation of the SFTP client protocol.

net-ssh (1.0.5, 1.0.3)
    Net::SSH is a pure-Ruby implementation of the SSH2 client protocol.

nitro (0.26.0, 0.25.0)
    Everything you need to create Web 2.0 applications with Ruby and

og (0.26.0, 0.25.0)
    State of the art object-relational mapping system.

Platform (0.4.0)
    Hopefully robust platform sensing

postgres (0.7.1)
    The extension library to access a PostgreSQL database from Ruby.

rails (1.0.0, 0.14.1,
    Web-application framework with template engine, control-flow layer,
    and ORM.

rake (0.6.2, 0.4.15)
    Ruby based make-like utility.

RedCloth (3.0.4, 3.0.3)
    RedCloth is a module for using Textile and Markdown in Ruby. Textile
    and Markdown are text formats.  A very simple text format. Another
    stab at making readable text that can be converted to HTML.

RGnuchess (0.1.0)
    An interface for working with gnuchess, providing some basic chess

rrename (0.3.0, 0.2.0)
    A GNOME2 based tool for interactively renameing files  with regular

ruby-breakpoint (0.5.0)
    ruby-breakpoint lets you inspect and modify state at run time.

sources (0.0.1)
    This package provides download sources for remote gem installation

term-ansicolor (1.0.2, 1.0.1)
    Ruby library that colors strings using ANSI escape sequences

Leon Barrett
barrett at icsi.berkeley.edu
1932 Hearst Ave. Apt. F
Berkeley, CA 94709