[typo] How to get "Read More" link

Syed Uzair Aqeel uzair at nairang.org
Mon Feb 27 18:00:38 EST 2006

Actually, I’ve done this on my blog (http://uzair.nairang.org), and it’s
fairly simple. The tricky thing is that when you truncate the article on the
front page, you have to sanitize the HTML and close any open tags, so that
you don’t get inconsistent formatting because of, say, an open italics tag.

In my themes/hemingway/articles/index.rhtml, I’ve got this (lines 9-14):

		<h3><%= article_link article.title, article %></h3>
		<%= truncate(article.body_html, 500) %>
			Posted at <%= article.created_at.strftime("%I").to_i

The truncate() call returns just the first 500 characters of the article,
sanitizing it first. I put the sanitizing function in
app/helpers/application_helper.rb, since that's where the strip_html()
function etc. are. If you like, I can send you my copy.