[typo] Lost Textile markup after upgrading to the trunk (r865)

Kyle Heon kheon at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 20:02:15 EST 2006

Continuing to troubleshoot this problem. Hoping that someone might be able
to give me a hand. Ias I noted last night this seemed to be something to do
with the database. I think it might have something to do with a banged up
migration that happened on my production site.

Tonight I noticed that in the content table, the body_html column does not
have the proper html content. For instance, non of the paragraphs have p
tags wrapped around them.

For instance, here is a sample from my working development database:

content_html
at the table all over her food. I made some comment about coughing on your
food.</p>

And here is a sample of the same content_html field from the busted
database:

content_html
Kids sure say the darndest things don't they? My daughter sneezed at the
table all over her food. I made some comment about coughing on your food.

She replies: I'm not coughing, I'm blessyouing.

Notice that the markup is missing. I'm starting to think this can be fixed
by running something from via the console (script/console) to force the
articles through the textile parser again and resave the items. Does this
sound like a good approach? If so, can anyone give me a hand on the syntax
(very new to Ruby/Rails).

Many thanks to all.

Kyle Heon
kheon at comcast.net