[typo] Problem with Typo 2.6.0 in subdirectory

Jason Froderman froderman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 14:12:45 EST 2006

Hey everybody.  Very new to typo been working with rails some.  Really
confused with getting typo up and running in production mode.

The website is at http://70.86.30.30/html/ (note the subdirectory)

Only a few things show up and it's all broken.  Viewing the source I
see it's referencing: http://70.86.30.30:3000/

It seems to be it's referencing what it should when I run script/server
-e production...and if I run that command and navigate to
70.86.30.30:3000, it works beautifully.  It doesn't seem to be showing
the html/ subdirectory at all...probably because :3000 points at it
directly.

I need it to recognize the subdirectory and I need to better understand
how typo gets up and running and stays up and running.  If someone
requests http://70.86.30.30/html, does it start up the necessary
processes to work on Apache or not?

I've tried all kinds of .htaccess things...including RewriteBase as
described here: http://www.typosphere.org/trac/wiki/TypoInSubdirectory

I don't have access to the httpd.conf so I setup the symbolic link and
use the .htaccess file as described.  Tried just that one line and a
lot of other stuff.

Per the troubleshooting ideas, I try to run dispatch.fcgi and I get:
running Apache/1.3.33 and not finding anything helpful in the logs.

If anyone could help me understand:

#1: How typo gets up and running and stays that way...

#2: Subdirectory problems...

It would mean a ton!

Thanks,
Jason