[typo] Admin usability patch

Frederic de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Fri Dec 29 04:35:09 EST 2006

Le 28 déc. 06 à 10:51, Kevin Ballard a écrit :

> On Dec 26, 2006, at 6:50 AM, Frederic de Villamil wrote:
>
>> Le 24 déc. 06 à 09:48, Kevin Ballard a écrit :
>>
>>> * Spam Protection group has an uncapitalized second word
>>
>> I'll set this up in CSS with some text-transform : capitalize; to be
>> sure this won't happen anymore.
>
> That seems like overkill. Why not just fix it in the HTML?

Because we don't have to care for someone forgetting a capital letter
in titles anymore. HTML gives the structure and content, CSS gives
the style and headach as well.

>>> And the most annoying issue:
>>>
>>> Labels don't vertically align with their checkboxes.
>>
>> Didn't notice this. OS and browser please ?
>
> Safari, OS X 10.4.8.

OK, got it.
It's done too. Was a little bit ttricky to do it without Js because
Safari doesn't suport form styling with CSS.

>>> Incidentally, why move the labels on the left side of the
>>> checkboxes? I prefer them on the right - that's how you see
>>> checkboxes almost everywhere else.
>>>

>> I just wanted to have all labels on the left, looks cleaner and it's
>> easier to read IMHO. But this can be changed.
>
> I tend to prefer labels on the right, so all the checkboxes line up
> appropriately, and the left edge doesn't look ragged. But it's just
> a personal preference.

I've tried both, and putting the checkbox on the right of the labels
just look damn ugly.