[typo] Some basic SEO for typo blogs

Frederic de Villamil neuro at 7el.net
Tue Dec 5 04:01:03 EST 2006

Hi list,

I was working on my typo blog yesterday evening and noticed 2 little
things that may help typo blogs to be better referenced

1/ in the <title></title> field, put the post title before the blog

You just need to replace the page_title function in app/helpers/
articles_helper.rb by

def page_title
     if @page_title
       # this is where the page title prefix (string) should go
       @page_title + " - " +  (this_blog.title_prefix ? "#
{this_blog.blog_name || "Typo"}" : '')
       this_blog.blog_name || "Typo"

The second one is to add the categories and archives as links in the
header :

<link rel="section" href="/articles/2006/12" title="December 2006" />
... same for categories

And I was too lazy to dive in the code yet.

Frédéric de Villamil
"Sadness is just another word for not enough coffee"  -- Scott Adams