[typo] Typo 4.x and acts_as_searchable

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Sun Dec 3 18:30:00 EST 2006

"Señor J. Onion" <senor.j.onion at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi this is weird, and don't know how to debug.
>
> I had an old Typo installation. I upgraded it recently to 4.x. In both
> I have acts_as_searchable on my Content model.
>
> The old one starts up fine, the new one fails starting on WEBrick,
> with  a 'method_missing' error on acts_as_searchable in my Content
> model???
>
> Why - when I start the new Typo, does it even look at the Content
> model?  On the old one, I can say acts_as_whatever_trevor and it
> doesn't fire an  error when I start up WEBrick ...
>
> I've added acts_as_searchable specifically to my environment.rb file
> (path and require), but makes no difference.
>
> As I said - all I did was upgrade my exisiting installtion to 4.x. Why
>  can't the new Content model 'see' acts_as_searchabel, and why is it
> even  wanting to when I start up WEBrick???
>
> Any help ... pelase. It's driving me insane.

It's a Rails bug. The problem is that a couple of observers, which
observe Content models get installed before plugins get
loaded. The observers force content.rb to get loaded before support
for acts_as_searchable is loaded, and you're screwed.

I believe it's fixed in the latest Rails 1.2 release candidate and on
the edge, so if you go up to edge typo you should find it starts
working again.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/