[typo] Themes ~ Can someone fill me in?

Ben Reubenstein benr at x-cr.com
Fri Aug 25 17:56:47 EDT 2006

Hello ~

A while back I migrated my blogger blog to Typo.  I am definitely much
happier, but themes are really getting me down.  Many themes that I
have tried no longer work, and the main theme I used to use (phokus)
no longer works with the Trunk of Typo.  I have thought of creating my
own theme, but with the changes in Typo creating breakage in themes I
have been hesitant too.

Is there a plan/road map for how themes will be implemented and
solidified?  I think it is vital that the theme portion of the app
provide a mechanism that will eliminate breakage as the app evolves.
This will encourage themes to be created and not require theme
creators to constantly update in order to work with Typo.

If I missed some conversation about themes that has resolved this, my
apologies...

Cheers,

Ben

--