[typo] Gallery support

Tom de Grunt tom at degrunt.nl
Wed Aug 23 18:02:10 EDT 2006

Hey All,

Recently I've tried Flickr as well as the typo plugins for putting
photos on my blog, but what I found is that if I put more than 5
photos on one page/article it would just stop processing and give a
timeout (and I really tried fixing that!).  Nor did I really like the
idea of putting all my photos on "some site" somewhere.

Maybe a shameless plug, but for the above reasons I have been working
on my own iPhoto/Flickr clone in Ruby on Rails, which is currently
still very limited:
- It has an API (but no api-keys like Flickr), it doesn't support the
Flickr api's though they should be somewhat similar.
- The new version (in development) is supporting tags
- There is currently no support for manipulating the photos on the

However, I did write a Typo plugin which allows me to do photo
"popups" (uses lightbox.js) by "grabbing" individual photos or whole
albums, for me it already does what it needs to do. I'm working on
it, have not yet considered open-sourcing (but I might) and have some
good ideas...

More information on it and on the Typo plugin can be found here: