[typo] Page caching feed urls

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Wed Aug 23 12:46:04 EDT 2006

When I look at my Server stats, the top 10 pages are feeds. Feeds
don't change very much, and none of the feed urls we publish have
query strings. So, I went to xml_controller.rb and replaced the line
that reads

   caches_action_with_params :feed

with a line that reads

   caches_page :feed

So far, nothing bad happening, the page cache gets swept correctly the
load on my dispatch.fcgi is drastically reduced. I commend the change
to you all.

However, I'm holding off making it an official patch for the time
being because you need to check your circumstances are okay. Check
your server logs for /xml/whatever?somearg=someval type requests
before you proceed. If you do find any, and they're frequent enough
that you can't ignore them, don't make the switch.

Some feedback here on people's experiences in this regard would be
good.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/