[typo] Typo plugins via externals or something...

Timothy Freund tim at digital-achievement.com
Wed Aug 23 02:12:42 EDT 2006

If you are interested in leveraging Proofread[1] and turning it in to a
general purpose Typo enhancement catalog, I'd be willing to push it in
that direction.

I'm already versioning themes, and I'm working* on better test scripts.
  Managing the plugins in the same way could be nice.  Having themes and
plugins available in one place would be very nice.

How does that match up with what you had in mind for listing Typo plugins?

Tim

[1] http://proofread.digital-achievement.com/catalog/

*OK, not so much this week -- not much code until I get wedding
invitations in the mail, otherwise I'll have two mothers and a bride
upset.  :-)

Scott Laird wrote:
> Well, we'd have to move sidebars to plugins before we can break them
> out.  Oh, wait... :-)
>
> We need to build some sort of infrastructure for listing Typo plugins
> and making them easy to install.  Once that's done, we'll probably
> shed half of the sidebars.  There are some versioning issues that I
> haven't spent much time thinking about, but I'm sure they're solvable.
>

> Scott
>
> On 8/22/06, Steve Longdo <steve.longdo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Now that the sidebars have been split out is there a plan to make their
>>inclusion/installation an optional process as well?  Something about seeing
>>the XBox sidebar in my install makes me want to hurt people :-P
>>
>>--
>>Thanks,
>>-Steve
>>http://www.stevelongdo.com