[typo] RESTful Typo

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Aug 21 17:24:38 EDT 2006

"Scott Laird" <scott at sigkill.org> writes:

> I'm not completely sure that I see the point in switching URL formats.
>  I actually *like* our permalink URLs, and frequently use
> article/:year/:month to view a subset of the blog.  I may be in the
> minority on this, though :-).
>
> I can see moving to restful URLs for API-ish code like the feeds (and
> then mirroring them with PUT, DELETE, to replace the admin interface),
> but it's not clear to me that more restful permalink URLs really
> achieves any particular goal.  Can you give a couple examples?

As we discussed on GTalk, I think we can keep the current permalink
URLs by introducing a 'posts' controller for the more APIish ways of
monkeying with things.

As an aside, I wonder if going RESTful would make implementing the
Atom API any easier?

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/