[typo] Gallery support

Andy Ciordia andy at ciordia.info
Mon Aug 21 11:44:11 EDT 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Lars Roland wrote:

> On 8/21/06, mathew <meta at pobox.com> wrote:
> By that logic you could just as well open a account on blogger.com and
> drop typo all together - why is it that so many of you feel that
> adding gallery functionality or categorized resource handlers will
> bloat your blog ?, you can just chose not to use it -  typo already
> have a ton of functionality that I do not use, still I appreciate
> having the choice.
> If you want to keep using flickr or some other photo service then by
> all means do that. I just do not consider a free flickr account the
> holy grail of photo blogging and the existence of flickr is not a
> argument for having gallery support in typo. It is a relevant blog
> technology, somebody volunteered for implementing it and you do to
> have to use it.
> Embrace change.

It's just eyeballs and opinions Lars.  I use flickr but I also keep
all my photos in a local gallery install because I still think sets
of sets is a good idea (and I like my personal data backed up/
local).  That and no one has ever supported or rebuilt a gallery that
could actually be integrated into a blog in a way I've liked (or
required a lot of massaging/scripting/etc).  I think some way of
tapping into a gallery install would be fantastic that didn't require
me to keep lists of files, or outright directories, etc, in check.
Rather that gallery (or insert some uncreated-local-able service)
have an api and we just tap on that through typo or whatnot.

I'm not sure what the correct answer is moving forward, just that
those who do a lot of photography and blog will continue to stir the
pot and someone with skill will help bridge the divide one day.

Andy Ciordia : andy at ciordia.info
it's my island : http://andy.ciordia.info