[typo] Gallery support

Lars Roland lroland at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 11:37:30 EDT 2006

On 8/21/06, mathew <meta at pobox.com> wrote:

> Well, anyone can go create an account on Flickr and use that. Takes a
> minute or two to set up, and you get commenting on photos, tagging
> photos, groups of photos, and so on. I kinda feel like if you can't do
> at least as much as that, you might as well not bother. The bar has been
> raised too high for simple solutions to be worth the bloat.

By that logic you could just as well open a account on blogger.com and
drop typo all together - why is it that so many of you feel that
adding gallery functionality or categorized resource handlers will
bloat your blog ?, you can just chose not to use it -  typo already
have a ton of functionality that I do not use, still I appreciate
having the choice.

If you want to keep using flickr or some other photo service then by
all means do that. I just do not consider a free flickr account the
holy grail of photo blogging and the existence of flickr is not a
argument for having gallery support in typo. It is a relevant blog
technology, somebody volunteered for implementing it and you do to
have to use it.

Embrace change.

--
Lars Roland