[typo] RESTful Typo

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Mon Aug 21 09:38:01 EDT 2006

Trejkaz <trejkaz at trypticon.org> writes:

> On 21/08/2006, at 20:54 PM, Piers Cawley wrote:
>
>> The translation to RESTful URLs should be relatively
>> straightforward. At the moment, it looks like the biggest change would
>> be to the admin URLs. For instance admin/content would become
>> articles/index;admin (which so wouldn't be cached).
>
> Whatever you do, don't make it too hard for those of us who use URL
> rewriting to force all admin to go via HTTPS.  At the moment, my
> pattern is more or less just "^/(admin|accounts)/.*" and I kinda like
> the simplicity.
>
> If the new admin URLs all reliably end in ";admin" then the pattern
> should be just as simple.  Much more diversion from that would start
> to become difficult. :-)

I can't promise they'll reliably end in admin I'm afraid. However,
it shouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility to tweak the 'require
authentication' filter to redirect http URLs to https ones. Probably
an environment.rb configuration, and definitely the neater solution.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/